The best, preservative free milk in just 1 minute.
I always keep a large jar of sliced almonds in the pantry because they are so versatile. The main reason I keep them around is for this milk! All you need is a high speed blender, I use a Wolf, but Vitamix or any high-speed blender will work here, and a few simple ingredients that you already have in your home.
Unlike other recipes this one requires no soaking time, making this a super quick recipe to put together last minute. There is also no need to worry about the bitter skins, because we are using almonds that have already been blanched and cleaned, resulting in a clean smooth flavor.
I highly recommend using a nut bag like this one, it makes life so much easier when making your own homemade nut milk. They last a long time and clean up is a breeze with some warm water and soap.
- 1 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 5 cups filtered water (use about half for a heavy cream like consistancy)
- pinch of salt
- Maple syrup, honey, or a couple dates for sweetness
- 2 Tbsp of cocoa powder for chocolate milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract for vanilla milk
- Add all ingredients into your blender and blend on high for 1 minute.
- Strain through a nut bag or several layers of cheese cloth. Giving it a good squeeze so the pulp is very dry.
- Pour into a bottle or air tight container and keep refrigerated for 4-5 days